quarta-feira, 29 de setembro de 2010

DAY 29 NEXT STEPS

DAY 29 NEXT STEPS

What do I do next?

The other day I was in a meeting with a woman, now in her eightieth year. She is one of the most godly, mature Christians I have ever known. Yet at one point she said wistfully, "I'm no where near where I want to be in my prayer life." This was not false humility. This was the heart-cry of one who has gone deeply enough with the Lord to know there is so much more.

Such a realization should not discourage us, but rather serve as a strong motivator to pursue spiritual growth with undaunted passion. It was toward the end of the Apostle Paul's life, having seen incredible evidences of God's power and provision that he said, "That I may know Him ... " (Philippians 3:10). That same passion is what prompted him to say, as might a great athlete who is straining toward the finish line:

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me ... one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:12-14, emphasis added).

T. Austin Sparks describes the wonder and challenge of our growing in Christ this way:

The effect of the Holy Spirit's work in us is to bring us to the shore of a mighty ocean which reaches far, far beyond our range, and concerning which we feel -- Oh, the depths, the fullness, of Christ! If we live as long as ever man lived, we shall still be only on the fringe of this vast fullness that Christ is (Sparks, The School of Christ).

This study will end tomorrow. You have stayed involved for a full 30 days, and I want to commend you. But I hope I have inspired you to press on -- to go the next step, and then the next. As much ground as we've covered in these 30 days, we have only "come to the shore of a mighty ocean." There is so much more! And God has given us the capacity to receive so much more.

By now I hope you have become accustomed to looking up scriptures, at least the ones in this study. I also hope you are beginning to read the Word each day on your own, letting its truths shape your thinking and actions. It would be wonderful to know you've made some Christian friends and are meeting together, praying together, caring for each other's needs. How good it would be to know you are hearing sound, biblically based teaching. Most important of all, I trust you are drawing close to the Lord Himself, sensing His love, being strengthened with the grace only He can give.

Finally, some great additional study materials are available through the Internet. Take advantage of these resources to continue your growth. Don't let up, but rather make continual growth your highest priority. Trust the Holy Spirit to provide what you need, remembering that "He who has begun a good work in you will complete it, until the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:6).

An excellent site through which you can connect with a variety of proven, valuable resources is www.looktojesus.com. At this site you will find Ten Basic Steps, Transferable Concepts and other helpful materials.

In addition, here are several other websites, some with studies for each day of the year:

* My Utmost for His Highest: http://www.myutmost.org/
* Experiencing God: http://swcbc.org/exp_god/
* Purpose Driven Life: http://www.purposedrivenlife.com/
* John Beckett's study helps: http://www.masteringmonday.com/


Key Scripture I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith (2 Timothy 4:7).
Key Thought There is so much more! Knowing Christ is a lifelong pursuit.

Rev. Alfa SG Moambi
Apostle & Missionary

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário