domingo, 19 de setembro de 2010

DAY 20 WORSHIP

DAY 20 WORSHIP

Note: The next two studies -- today’s on worship, and tomorrow’s on prayer -- are written by Wendy Beckett, my precious wife of more than 45 years. Wendy has developed a wonderful life of both worship and prayer, and I believe you will appreciate her insights.

Why is it so important for me to praise and worship Jesus?

When believers in Jesus praise and sing to Him, is it because God, the King of the universe, needs human beings to worship Him? Not really, although we can be sure God delights in our worship.

Actually, what I find is that praise and worship are vitally important to my relationship to Him. Worship enables me to lift my thoughts from myself to my Savior, Friend and Lord, and into a whole new realm. It shifts my focus from my circumstances to His plans.

When we meditate on His goodness, His amazing love, His sacrificial death for us, and His great power in our lives our natural response is to praise and worship Him. Thankfulness spontaneously wells up within us.

David was a great worshiper who became Israel's most outstanding king. The account of his life is found in Old Testament books of First and Second Samuel. From his earliest years we see his heart for worship. As a young shepherd boy, watching his father's flock on the hills surrounding Bethlehem, David expressed his love and gratitude to the Lord. He sang about the beauty of God's creation. He prayed to God when he was in danger. And when the Lord answered and protected him, David expressed thanksgiving and praise through songs and poetry.

The Psalms, many of which were written by David, give us the rich legacy of his worship and deep love for God.

* The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want [lack anything] (Psalm 23:1)
* The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? (27:1)
* Give unto the Lord the glory due to His name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness (29:2)
* Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised (48:1)
* Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name! (103:1)
* Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever (107:1)

Here is an approach to worship, based on my experience, which you may find helpful. Early in the morning and before going to sleep at night express your love to the Lord. "Father, I greet you this morning, and thank You for this new day." "Lord, it's been quite a day, but I thank You for Your faithfulness."

As you go about your daily activities be conscious to thank Him, praising Him for Who He is and telling Him you love Him. (Of course, some days you feel more like doing this than others.) Realize that you are on a journey. The more you praise Him throughout the day, the more you will sense His joy and the more you will see things from His perspective. Your daily life will take on a whole new meaning.

Key Scripture Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God (Psalm 147:1).
Key Thought Nothing brings me closer to the Lord than thanking, praising and worshiping Him.

Rev. Alfa SG Moambi
Apostle & Missionary

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário